***This contest has ended. Thank you to all who entered!***
Today we’re lucky enough to present you with a seriously awesome contest. If any of you follow the publishing world, you’ve probably heard of Entangled Publishing, a new publisher that has taken the small press world by storm. They produce some excellent titles, many of which can be found at your local bookstore. In less than a year in running they already have books on the USA Today, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and most other major bestseller lists. So yes, they are beyond awesome. Here a few of their YA titles:
Today, the managing editor at Entangled Publishing, Heather Howland, was kind enough to join us for this contest. She’s offering to critique the first page of 3 different manuscripts. Whether it’s the first page of a short story or a novel, it doesn’t matter. I’m really excited about this, as you can see, because Heather really knows what she’s doing.
- You MUST be a teenager. That means you must somewhere either be or be between the ages thirteen and twenty.
- You must have thick skin. I doubt Heather will bash your first page if you’re one of the winners, but she’s going to be honest with her critique. Please enter only if you’re genuinely looking for a critique and not a cheerleader, and please don’t get upset over any comments she makes. They’re intended to help.
How To Enter:
Please comment on this post with the following:
- Your first name or pen name
- The title of your manuscript
- A three sentence pitch
- The first 100-ish words of your manuscript
Make sense? This contest will run from July 22nd through July 29th. After the contest ends, Heather will read through the entries and choose her top three. Winners (with their entries) will be announced on this blog a few days after the 29th, and if you win, we’ll get your first page to Heather for critique from there.
Questions? Concerns? As not to get them confused with the entries, it’s best not to comment with your questions. Please either email us (TeenRiter[at]gmail[dot]com), or ask us on Twitter or Facebook instead.
Thank you! Excited to see your entries!